Choice Board for January 4-8
Please Choose one activity per day. You also can choose one activity for 2 class days if the box contains an asterisk.
These are the 2 ways you are to let me know you completed this assignment: A parent or you sends a note back through individual messaging (dojo or google classroom) that you completed the assignment. A parent signs a note and sends back by you to give me when we return to school that you completed this activity.
Details: Number 8. Pick one of these assignments for one class period or both for 2 periods.
- Listen to one of these songs, and learn the lyrics. Send me a video of you singing the song or clapping to the beat of the song.
Or pick a song or all three from this link:
2.Find materials around your home to make any instrument.
You can choose a song from this link.
If you need help with your instruments, look here.
Please try to follow the rhythm of the songs if you are unable to actually play the notes given. This activity counts for 2 class periods. *
If you choose only one song, this will only count as one class period.
3. I am attaching the dance we were suppose to do this week. You probably don’t have rhythm sticks, but you can just clap the beat. If you choose this activity, you should be able to present this to me when we return to school.
you can choose this dance instead:
This activity counts for 1 class.
4. You can make up your dance moves to a song you choose from here: Happy –
Be Happy –
Under the Sea-
I’ll Make A Man Out of You-
Pick another song, but check with me prior to doing it. Thank you
5. Write down the different notes you have learned and how many beats they are worth. Example: Whole note has 4 beats.
Or Write the definition or symbol for a musical term:
Example: Treble clef – is where the ladies sing or you can draw the symbol to get credit.
Please write this down and send to me or bring back to school when we return.
Please write at least 5 of these to get credit for one class. If you do 10 terms – this is worth 2 class periods.
6. Find a family member or baby sitter or family friend to teach you a song they learned in primary school, but it has to be something you don’t already know. This counts as one period.
7. Play note names from this link for 20 minutes. This counts toward 1 class, but if you do it for 40 minutes. This will count toward 2.
8. Keep a running list of all the times you hear music throughout the day. Was there music where you never noticed it before? What was the purpose of the music? Write this on paper.
Choose a character from something you are reading and make a theme song for this character. Write a brief explanation of why this song fits this character.